Bioethics Observatory - Institute of Life Sciences
The Catholic University of Valencia - Spain was founded on 8th of December 2003, the “youngest” of the Spanish Catholic universities. On 20th September 2006, the Institute of Life Sciences was constituted within the University itself, and within it, the Bioethics Observatory.
Our English site
The Observatory has a website in Spanish that was created on Decembre 2007 (see HERE), and recently we start our website in English with its own contents,http://www.bioethicsobservatory.org see HERE], given the importance of this language in the field of bioethical research.
Our observatory main studies are about the biological status of the human embryo. We can affirm based in scientific evidence that the human embryo from the zygote phase is a living being of our species that controls its development with special biological mechanisms, which in no way could occur in random cell clusters. From the biological status, we based our philosophical, legal and theological position.
Our website, Bioethics Observatory, includes News and “Special reports”, based on the latest biomedical and biotechnological research findings from the world’s top medical and scientific journals, such as the biological and anthropological status of the human embryo, matters regarding the end of life, especially euthanasia, assisted suicide and palliative care, and also some of the issues that are currently giving rise to major debates, including: assisted reproduction, frozen embryos, embryos manipulation, IVF, surrogacy, use of contraceptives and the morning-after pill, transsexuality, genome editing, synthetic biology, production of human-animal chimeras for medical purposes and transhumanism. Special Reports includes extensive reference material on these topics, which is constantly updated as new information becomes available. It is also a dynamic means of communication with our readers to reflect on these issues.
1. We send a free monthly newsletter, Bioethics News, with the last contents of our site, to our subscribers.
2. Bioethics Observatory – Institute of Life Sciences papers published in scientific journals.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Denominations"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Alliance of Baptists
- Alliance of Renewal Churches
- American Anglican Council
- American Association of Lutheran Churches
- American Baptist Association
- American Baptist Churches, USA
- Anglican Church in North America
- Anglo-Lutheran Catholic Church
- Apostolic Lutheran Church of America
- Assemblies of God (USA)
- Association of Confessional Lutherans
- Association of Free Lutheran Congregations
- Augustana Catholic Church
- CB America
- Central Baptist Association
- Christian & Missionary Alliance
- Christian Reformed Church
- Church of the Lutheran Brethren
- Church of the Lutheran Confession
- Church of the Nazarene
- Concordia Lutheran Conference
- Conservative Baptist Association of America
- Conservative Mennonite Conference
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship